Skip to main content

December 31st filled with firsts and lasts

A first:
The California Dreamin' Gal has been singing the praises of Kombucha for quite some time. It is an acquired taste and on the last visit it finally happened! I like the fizziness and when it is a batch that has been brewed for a short period of time there is less vinegar flavor - delicious! SO this Christmas I received everything needed to start brewing my own Kombucha:

The "mother" arrived. I let it brew for three weeks, mostly because I knew the bottles were wrapped and under the tree!
Yesterday was the bottling day!
Sterilized bottles:
There's now a new batch of tea with mother and baby safely inside:
Just a sip or two for tasting, a little tart for my taste - but three weeks in the brewing!
My first Kombucha off to the refrigerator!
Another six bottles next week!

And a last:
Usually when I start a project I stick with it until it's done. This one was rather frustrating, I envisioned the finished project differently than it actually turned out. The problem? I really didn’t take gauge into consideration when I set out to knit this sweater.
I thought the spider I had used on a pair of socks would easily fit onto a sleeve but in the end it would have totally wrapped around the arm. My next thought was to put the spider on the back of the hood, but when I got to the hood I realized the spider would again wrap around most of The Tiger’s skull! So in the end I only put the spiderlings on the pocket and as the saying goes “What he doesn’t know won’t hurt him.” 
Pattern: Wonderful Wallaby
Yarn: Plymouth
Colorway: Blue
Amount: 5 skeins
Needles: US Size 6 and 8

Comments