Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Mitered sock yarn blanket update

This blanket is a long term project. Originally I thought I'd just give it a try and perhaps end up with a pillow. My mistake was adding a random big black square. I soon realized it takes real planning to do random!
So I added another big black square a little bit down the row and will add them in intervals up the blanket. So my pillow has now grown to a blanket the size of a queen size bed!

My goal, since starting this project, has been to knit thirty squares a month or one a day. So far I've been able to keep up. To date I have a total of one hundred and four squares! I now realize that although I have quite a few bits and pieces of sock yarn I don't have near enough. I've taken Blooming Knitter's advice and started dying yarn in nine gram bits.
 
I have a couple of books on order. Dyeing... another new hobby is born!

No comments: