Skip to main content

Wow! a pair of Wollmeise socks!


When Darlene, a coworker and fellow knitter, went to Germany she brought back many skeins of Wollmeise and was very willing to share with our knitting group! She knew how badly I wanted to knit with this yarn so not only did she allow me to I buy some but she gave me a couple of skeins as well. This is the second skein she gave me, remember the first is the lovely beaded shawl.  I wanted something special around my neck to show it off but, alas, the yarn had a different idea! After two tries, The Zulu Petal Cowl and the Unleaving Scarf, I turned to what the yarn was intended to be…socks!
Several other people have used the stitch pattern in Flecktone Mitts to knit socks. What a great design! With black, brown and blue yarn who could go wrong? 

Pattern: Flecktone Mitts - stitch pattern
Yarn: Wollmeise
Colorway: Blue black and brown
Needles: US Size 1
Amount: 300 meters

Comments