Skip to main content

The ballet kicks of the holiday season

Hosting The Nutcracker in Billings has been a 30 year tradition. For several years I have wanted to go with the granddaughters. Either Hubby and I are celebrating Thanksgiving in North Dakota or by the time we think of reserving tickets the theater has sold out. This year we thought the timing was right, the NorDakFam were coming to town, and the tickets were bought. But sadly the NorDak Family unexpectedly had to return home early. I called in the reserves, Jo and her Grandkiddo Mia. We attended the ballet last night. The San Diego Ballet Company danced with our local children. Humor was tucked into every scene for an observant viewer. And the Plum Fairy impressively seemed to fly through the air. It was outstanding!

I wore my new shawl and felt very festive.
Pattern: BLT Scarf/Shawl
Yarn: Wollmeise Sockenwolle 80/20 Twin
Colorway: Ruby
Needles: US 4
Beads: 44 grams

My good friend, Darlene,  bought this yarn last July while in Germany. She was lucky enough to visit this shop while the were having their once a year sale. I wanted to do something a little special with this yarn and so decided to knit beads into the shawl, something I had never done.

The pattern is well written and the bead work was easy. The clerk suggested I use large beads so that they would be easily seen. After blocking the top measured 60 inches. A fun knit.

Comments