Skip to main content

Making the best out of a rainy weekend

It's been a rather productive rainy Memorial weekend.  The lentil soup is on the stove simmering and I've made some "Angel Biscuits" to go with it.

Angel Biscuits
1package dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
2 3/4 cups floor
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup buttermilk

Dissolve yeast in the warm water, set aside. Mix dry ingredients. Cut in shortening. Stir in buttermilk and yeast mixture. Blend thoroughly. The dough is ready to refrigerate or roll into biscuits. Turn dough onto floured surface and knead lightly for regular biscuits. Roll out and cut with biscuit cutter. Place on greased pan. Let dough rise slightly before baking at 375 degrees. Bake 12 minutes or until browned. If dough is cold let stand longer to rise. Dough will keep up to 5 days in a covered bowl in the refrigerator.

I finished the Peasy sweater... I'm not a bit happy that it is too small! All that work and no one to wear it! 
Pattern: Peasy by Heidi Kerrmaler
Yarn: Jojoland Tonic
Color: Tonic Peacock Blue
Amount: 5 skeins
Needle size: US 4 and 3

I also started and finished my first of six Christmas sweaters for the grandkiddos!!! Yea, I hate to wait and do a mad dash the end of November and December! Finding a new boy's sweater pattern can be a little difficult - there are only so many ways one can knit an understated sweater.  "My Friend Johanna" said to knit another version of the Wonderful Wallaby, I've done many variations and a little boy can NEVER have enough Wallabies, but I was up for something else. With a little searching I found a Children's Henley Top Down Pullover by Pure and Simple. I am very pleased with it and add my kuddos to many others for another well written pattern by this company.
Pattern: Children's Henley by Pure and Simple
Yarn Cascade 220 Heather
Color: Galaxy
Amount: 3 skeins (NOT the 4 called for in the pattern)
Needle Size: US 7 and 5

The Knit Girllls podcast is having a Stash Dash 5K that I've joined. You must knit 5K of yarn by August 11th. It started the 27th of May and so I cannot use the Peasy yardage because it was done before then but I can use the 640 yards I've used on the Henley....

So I'm off to start another Henley - Christmas gift number two!

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear your sweater is too small. But you can always send it out my way ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment