Skip to main content

What were you doing 50 years ago today?

Today is the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.  Without a doubt we watched the launching of Apollo 11 on the 15th of July.  Dad was always a very faithful viewer of each launching. Not wanting his kids missing such a historic sight, he woke us up about 3 minutes before the launch. Not an easy feat for my dad to wake three teenagers at 6:30 in the morning! But this wasn't our first wake up call for a launching or the earliest, as I remember the record was 2:30am Pacific time.Image result for moon landing photos copyright free

Five days later came the famous words, “That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.” by Neil Armstrong just as I was heading out the door on a date. 


So while Neil was on the moon, and I was over the moon in love with my future husband!

Comments