Skip to main content

Knotty by Nature

Hubby has started looking for a yarn shop to visit on all our trips, what a thoughtful man! In Victoria he found the most delightful yarn shop, Knotty by Nature.

The store had been an old corner store grocery years ago an sat in the middle of a residential area. As I entered the shop there was a local knitter sitting at the small table outside the door basking in the sun. Immediately, I knew it was my kind of shop! It was filled with all types of yarn and roving. Ryan, the yarn shop owner, was so friendly and helpful.When I asked about locally made yarn he showed me several, quickly skimming over a section of his own hand dyed yarn. As I shopped around the store I found a lovely Blue Moma Bag and found myself back in the midst of Ryan's yarn. I chose two skeins with strong greens.
I wanted to make something for our trip to Ireland next year. Misako had worn a cowl she'd made several times while on the Vancover Island so knitting cowls for us was a natural choice. I love them and she wears them too!
 Pattern: Downton Cowl by Christy Becker
Yarn: Knotty by Nature Hand Dyed Sock
Colorway: Beautiful, Emerald Isle (my name)
Needles: US Size 6
I'll be starting mine soon!

Comments