Skip to main content

I love knitting mittens!

Knitting Selbu mittens has been a nice change of pace from my usual sock knitting. It's sad though, less people need mittens than socks so my mitten knittin' will soon be coming to a halt!

I needed to use a smaller needle than the ones called for in the pattern and I also dropped a section of the heart pattern in order to get the mittens small enough to fit a women's hand.
Pattern: Cold Hands Warm Heart by Jacqui Walker
Yarn: Finulgarn
Colorway: Medium Brown,  Burgundy
Needle Size: US Size 4

I've also been doing a bit of baking. I had visions of becoming a gingerbread decorating expert but settled for just getting them done!

Gingerbread Cookies                       
(Makes 3 dozen)

1/2 cup Crisco
2 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup dark molassas
3/4 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon allspice 
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon soda

Mix ingredients together. Chill 1 hour, takeout and leave at room temperature for 1 hour. Roll out dough (thick) and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.  Completely cool before decorating.

Comments