Skip to main content

Socks On a Plane

Knowing I was headed for Oakland last week, it was only natural to cast on a pair of Socks On A Plane. I finished them in sunny California and took a quick snapshot in the garden.
Pattern: Socks On A Plane by Laura Lindermann
Yarn: Cascade Heritage 150 Sock Yarn
Colorway: 5689 Regatta
Needle Size: US Size 1

I must be turning into one of those "crazy old ladies" on a plane who no one wants to sit by.  This is the second time I've spent time visiting with the person sitting next to me. I want to plead innocence, I had quickly pulled out my knitting and popped the earbuds in - the universal request to "leave me alone" but when a lady my age sat down next to me and saw my knitting she pulled hers out and we instantly fell into a lovely two hour visit. We talked about our knitting, love of the outdoors, and our travels. She was a retired teacher, had three kiddos and a husband who had grown up in the same part of town as hubby and graduated from the same University with the same major. When we parted I was sad and knew if we lived in the same town we would have become fast friends.

Comments