Skip to main content

Retro Sundress

The first time I made this sundress I was in high school and it was for a darling little girl I often watched after school and in the summer. It's a wonderful pattern because if timed right, the baby can wear it as a dress the first year and then the second year it still fits and becomes an adorable little sunsuit. Years later, I made this for the three daughters and two granddaughters. They all looked just as adorable.
I whipped this up in an afternoon for our little grandniece who will be one year old soon. I was a little worried about putting in the buttonholes but considering I have my new sewing machine I decided I needed to at least try to make the buttonholes before calling in the troops. I knew Jo would help me out but they were a breeze, I love my sewing machine!
I thought this cute little bunny would be a nice addition. It called for button eyes but because this is going to a one year old I decided to just sew on whiskers and a pompom bunny tail on the back. A quick crochet!
Pattern: Cuddle Bunny Mini and Pillow by Emmy Faranda
Yarn Baby Bernat Sport
Colorway: Tiny Tulips
Needle: Size F - One size smaller than on pattern, because I wanted a tight fabric.

Comments