Skip to main content

Paradise knitting

I take knitting with me everywhere, even on vacations. I had been saving several skiens of Tofutsies Sock Yarn for the trip. This yarn is 40% wool, 25% soysilk fibers, 22.5% cotton and 2.5% chitin (shrimp and crab shells) and I thought it would be a very comfortable knit on the beach with much less than the usual wool I knit for socks.

However, the knitting was painful. It was like knitting with thin string and the strand stuck to my hands not wanting to be knit into socks. I seriously doubt the socks will last any length of time, the fabric is limp and thin. I struggled through two pairs and then gave up. This is unusual for me, my standard is to knit four pairs of socks while in Hawaii.
 Pattern: Salis Socks
Yarn: TOFUtsies
Colorway: Multi Lavender White Gray
Needle Size: US Size 1
Pattern: Lichen and Moss Socks
Yarn: TOFUtsies
Colorway: 733
Needle Size: US Size 1

I still have one skein and bits left but think I'll pass it on to one of my daring knitting buddies.

Comments