Skip to main content

Birthday hat for the birthday boy

Last November the CaliforniaDreamin' Guy asked if I'd make a specific hat for him. Since I was unable to find a hat pattern with a lining, I wanted to make sure knitting the hat and lining was as easy as I imagined so I first knit a mock up, no worries.

The lining was 50%qivuit 50%cashmere and I’ve NEVER knit on such lovely yarn… the red yarn knit up like butter. Aaaaah, qiviut and cashmere!

Polly thought she might like it too...

 Pattern: My brother's favorite hat by Annelene Eversen
Yarn: The Fiber Co. Arranmore Light and  Cottage Craft Angora Mill - Decadent Qiviut & Cashmere
Colorway:  Mailn Head and Artic Red
Needle Size: US Size 4 (The pattern called for a size 6 needle and DK yarn but the gauge was to loose so I dropped two sizes and used a US Size 4.)


Comments