Skip to main content

Trial run for the runner

While visiting the CaliforniaDreamin’ Family I was asked to knit a lined hat called The Frontier Tuque
One size fits all
8” crown height
19” opening
Inner Layer:
35% Qiviut, 35% Cashmere, 30% Merino Wool
Outer Layer:
100% Merino Wool

I wanted to do a test knit before I committed to the expensive Qiviut yarn. I found a pattern and decided to use my own handspun yarn for the outer shell but bought some really soft Llama for the inner shell. I followed the pattern exactly on the hat but used a double strand of Llama with the size 8 needles on the inner shell. The pattern will work well for the Son-in-law. 
Pattern: On the C Train by Espace Tricot
Yarn: Handspun and Illmani Yarn ECO-Llama
Colorway: Natural and Bone
Needle SIze: US Size 7, and 8

Now, I just have to try to find some Qiviut/Cashmere/Merino yarn!

Comments