Skip to main content

It's baby quilting time again!

I've been wanting to sew another baby quilt for a few months. There was a mess in the fiber room and I've had a busy fall coming and going visiting the girls, so I put any thought of a quilt on the back burner. But this week with all the Christmas gifts wrapped and goodies baked I decided to kick back and enjoy the season by following my bliss.

I thought I had enough scraps from previous quilts to make another quilt and was quite happy I had taken the advice of another quilter by pre-cutting all the extra quilt fabric into 7", 5", 3.5", 2.5" and 1.5"strips. I even had leftover binding cut and ironed, ready to be sewn on.  All I had to do was thread the sewing machine and get to sewing!
I'm beginning to understand why a quilter has a stash just like knitters. While I was sewing this quilt I ran out of green, yellow and orange material making a to run to the store for several half yarn pieces necessary. Once again I have extras of these colors and I realize my scrap stash will never be all used up.

Comments