Skip to main content

A new style of sock heel


I saw this new heel on The Knit Show which featured a segment on short rows. They used this sock pattern to highlight the technique. 

Fish Lips Kiss Heels are my "go to" heel but I was willing to give this new heel a try. They are knit from the toe up and use short rows to make a gusset. Although the pattern calls for a picot edge cuff the yarn was just to sturdy and I chose to knit a regular ribbed cuff. These socks are shorties - just the kind SadieLouWho loves - but could have easily been extended into regular length socks.

I'm happy to have this technique in my bag of tricks. I will be listening to the family to hear if any have a bit of difficulty getting them over their "cankles".
Pattern: Picot Socks by Lydia Gluck
Yarn: Patons North America Kroy
Colorway: Winter Eclipse
Needle Size: US Size 1

Comments