Skip to main content

Do you know my favorite color?

 I've always loved all shades of purple. When I was in the fifth grade I moved into the tiny back bedroom on the second floor of our Seattle house. It is a favorite bedroom growing up. There was just enough space for a twin bed and a dresser. I think Mom felt bad it was so small and perhaps I was getting the short end of the stick so she decided to really give it a makeover. Everything was redone and when she asked the color I wanted the walls I instantly said purple! Mom and Dad looked at eachother and it was painted a beautiful shade of lavender. The chenille bedspread, priscilla curtains, chest of drawers and little furry rug were all a bright white. It was a wonderfully beautiful ten year old's bedroom. However it didn't last long, a little over a year later we moved away and when the house was sold I heard the new owners discuss MY bedroom, the husband told his wife everything was nice BUT the purple bedroom would have to go!

I've enjoyed knitting this second pair of purple socks and have plans to use all the bits and bobs in a third pair, you guessed it - Berkeley Socks!
Pattern: Fish Lips Kiss Heel, Vanilla socks
Yarn:Carlton Yarn Sock Weight
Colorway: Dream In Purple
Needle Size: US Size 1

Comments