Skip to main content

A quilt full of memories

I’ve been on a roll with the baby quilts!

Last week the weather in Big Sky Country wasn’t the greatest but Hubby wanted to take off for a few days to photograph wildlife in Yellowstone Park. I opted out, spending most of my time sitting in a camper, surrounded by snow to my knees, with an unhappy cat as a companion, wasn't my idea of a fun time. So I  kept the home fires burning and a cat happy.

Being able to eat what you want and do what you want, when you want every once in awhile is kind of fun for both of us. Hubby ate Vienna sausages and canned hash (WHAT??) and I ate veggie stirfry and rice (Mmm!).

It didn't take long for me to realized what I REALLY wanted to do was work on another quilt. I hadn't bought fabric for quilt number five yet and the roads were icy. So, I went downstairs to the box of leftover material and found some lovely bright bits with lots of memories. I'd saved scrapes from several sundresses I'd sewn for the granddaughters when they were just toddlers. - BINGO!
A modified Ballard Quilt. 

When Hubby arrived home on Sunday, he had many beautiful photos and I had a lovely quilt with dinner waiting. A win for both of us!

Comments