Skip to main content

Maintaining sanity while on jury duty

I was summoned to jury duty earlier this week and knowing there would be lots of waiting, no matter what the outcome, I went prepared.

I wasn’t sure how I’d be received with craft supplies in hand but I was heading to District Court, not Federal, and thought it was worth a try. Into my purse went yarn and needles. We were told to turn off our cell phones but nothing was said about knitting supplies. I immediately cast on.

We were detained for two hours on hard wooden benches. Both cases were settled out of court and never reached the point of jury selection. But I must say toward the end of our wait even the men were looking longingly at my yarn and needles and good use of time!
Pattern: Fish Lips Kiss Heel, Vanilla Socks
Yarn: Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Weight
Colorway: Chili, and Woodsey Green
Amount: 1 Skein Chili and just a bit of Woodsey
Needle Size: US Size 1

I know this yarn will wear well. I’ve made myself a pair of socks with this brand of birthday yarn!
An added bonus is by using the solid green yarn for toes, heels, and cuffs I didn’t have to break into a second skein of the Chili Stripes.

Comments