Skip to main content

A Blog Fading Into The Goodnight...But Then There's A Spark of Life!

As the fall settled into winter,  I began thinking it was time to let this blog fade into the dark and distant past.

My dear sister-in-law mentioned a couple of times throughout the fall that she missed catching up with our world in Montana. During Thanksgiving the girls commented on the lack of posts. At Christmas I told the family my plans to stop blogging and the room filled with moans. But it wasn't until I walked down the hall and caught a glimpse of the granddaughters sprawled on the floor enjoying the journals that there was a rekindling of the blog. Sadie Lou told me how much fun they were having going through the books and she was so glad I did them every year.  WHAT?? WAIT A MINUTE!!! This is exactly why I started the blog/journaling journey. I don't want the kiddos to ever forget their Gramma and the good times we've had together.

The crux of the problem is, I have enjoyed just being home and following my bliss. Anything can now be done "later" and I have totally adopted Scarlett O'Hara's famous quote, "I'll think about that tomorrow."

My knitting output is the same but when I finish a project I think, "I'll photographed this later." But this year it didn't happen until they were being wrapped for Christmas gifts and even then not everything was photographed. I missed several pair of socks and cowls given as birthday gifts, a pair of mitts for my booby prize at the bunco game I hosted this fall.

I still love knitting socks! I wouldn't go into detail on each pair as I usually do but the first pair are mine. The yarn is  from England and I'd been wanting a skein for a year. The yarn was a birthday gift and Misako had no idea that it was the exact color I'd wanted, Holly Berry!
                                              ZickZack Scarves for the Granddaughters:
                                                       Helmet liners for the Grandsons:
                    A hat for me ( I don't wear hats but this winter it's all about warmth, not looks)
                                                   Tree ornaments for the Bunco Gals:
 The Pirate needed a new cape to keep warm at home...but he had it over his shoulders all week here so I really think he just likes to feel royal!

This fall the Griz Games were just not as inspiring as in past years. We are settling into a very nice tailgate routine and hope to continue with our friends Hank and Kim. Nothing other than the tailgate party photo worthy.
Several of the trips to the games included a stop in Helena to visit my new "Grandkitty" Zoey. (Oh yes, and her mom The Chick too).  Zoey (now called Zoey, no no NO!) is a character! She has a hatred for paper towels and tears them up whenever she sees them. She has “gone skating” in the kitchen using a torn open fresh sack of sugar, and the latest is while visiting her “Cat Gramma” this Christmas. She kept stealing potatoes from the pantry and carrying them like baby kittens to her  mom's bed. She is a talker and keeps her mom hopping and entertained.

In October I went to visit the North Dakota Family for a few days. Sadie, Sarah, and I made some pretty spooky placemats for Halloween. It was my first  try at quilting - a very basic process called "Quilt as You Go" but I fell in love. When I got home I gave a baby quilt a try. This is called "Flip and Turn Quilting."  It's a little smaller than I had hoped but will be nice a gift for a babe.

In November I flew to see the California Dreamin' Family  just in time for Chloe-A-Littlebit's birthday . There was a visit to Bakesale Betty's (where they were filming some sort of documentary) and we made some beautiful wreaths with succulants. They turned out beautiful but it has been raining ever since and so they weigh a ton! I wasn't able to get mine back to Montana and I'm not sure the California Dreamin' Gal has hers on the patio wall yet.
                                                         Chloe on her Golden Birthday:

Thanksgiving was a fast week. We had a great meal, went Black Friday Shopping, to the local coffee and canvas shop, and Sadie and I made more placemats in anticipation of Christmas. After they left I wanted to spread my wings and used bits and pieces of extra placemat material to make coasters. I enjoy the crazy quilt approach to the coasters.
                                                        Sadie created a great picture:

Everyone was home for Christmas. The Califonia Dreamin' Gal had ordered up snow and it was very timely delivered. A few inches the week before, roads were then cleared so everyone could arrive, and then it continued off and on the entire week to keep everything bright and fresh.

                        Grandpa went right to work getting the sledding hill in proper order.
 Christmas Eve the family went into town to do some caroling, minus Gramma and Grandpa.

Christmas morning brought many great gifts from Santa and a very nice one from the Granddaughters - they made the Christmas breakfast!

Gabriel has brought the English tradition of Christmas Crackers and Christmas pudding into the family. Everyone has wholeheartedly embraced the Christmas crackers but the pudding, well, not so much.
The kiddos helped with a puzzle and a fun new game was discovered but the usual computer games were played too.

There it is, the last few months in a nutshell and so...if you don't mind the routine: knitting, visiting family, Griz games, I don't mind continuing the blog. See you in a few days!

Comments