Skip to main content

Another Stash Dash is in the books

This year Stash Dash was extended to the end of the Olympics, and although the closing ceremony will be this evening it is time to declare myself. I'd thought with the "Never Ending Blanket of Doom" I was a sure winner of the 10k. However, that pain in the neck only netted me 6,800 meters.

With other items completed this summer I was able to cross the finishline this afternoon with a 9,354 meter or 9.35K and am now a self declared winner of the 7K!

When I finished the Down The Rabbit Hole Blanket I knew it would be a LONG TIME before I made another… but I still had bits and pieces of beautiful yarn on hand.

I loved doing Pure Joy and needed a little joy after the never ending nightmare…..So out came the leftover hand dyed yarn the family have been dying every time they visit and I started this scarf/shawl. LOVE the results!
Pattern: Pure Joy
Yarn: Leftovers, Knit Picks Bare Fingering
Colorway: Indie Dyed Greens and Blues, Off white
Amount: 2 skeins
Needles: Size 6

After finishing the Hand Dyed Pure Joy I wondered if I could produce another beautiful scarf/shawl with leftover yarn. This time I used blues and it's a beauty.
Pattern: Pure Joy
Yarn: Leftovers, Cascade Heritage Sock
Colorway: Indie Blues, Navy
Amount: 2 skeins
Needles: Size 6

This pattern is like potato Chips - you can’t knit just one!
I’m sure there will be another on the needles soon.


The Chick gave me this yarn and it has been languishing in my stash since I made a scarf for The NorDakPurlGurl. They are loosely based on the Stashbuster Spiral Socks. I only use two colors instead of the recommended three colors and so am making an entire round in each color.
 Pattern: Stashbuster Spirals with Fish Lips Kiss Heels
Yarn: Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Serenity Sock Weight Prints (Merino/Bamboo blend), Premier Yarns Deborah Norville Serenity
Colorway: Chili, Violas
Amount: 2 Partial Skiens
Needles: US Size 1
Pattern: Blueberry Waffle Socks by Sandy Turner with Fish Lips Kiss Heels
Yarn:Stroll Hand Painted Sock Yarn
Colorway: Koi Pond
Amount: 1 skein
Needles: US Size 1

I prefer to knit my socks from the toe up and so this popular pattern is upside down to the observant viewer!
 
Pattern: (Hanging Upside Down) Monkey Socks bu Cookie A
Yarn: Knit Picks Bare Stroll Fingering Sock
Colorway: Easter Egg Dyed
Amount: 1 skein
Needle Size: US Size 1


Comments