Skip to main content

April Fools' Day Socks

Recently, while watching a podcast the hosts began talking about "Frankensocks". These are socks made of leftover sock yarn with no regard for color! Sue, the podcaster, said she loved the socks BUT working in all the ends was for the birds. Silently, I agreed. Then, about a week ago, it came to me... Russian Joins!!


I joined the bits and pieces of sock yarn - all 80% wool and 20% nylon - with a Russian join to form a ball. Making the ball before I started allowed me to knit without interruption. (As I knit the sock if I thought one yarn color section was to long, I ‘d cut part of the length of yarn and join it to the next color. But don’t throw it out! Start another ball with the short length!)

What a fun knit, I am sending them to my sock loving brother to wear on April Fool’s Day and I know he’ll get a chuckle out of them.
 Pattern: Vanilla Socks with a Fish Lips Kiss Heel
Yarn: Oh My, Everything!
Colorway: Just take a look
Needle Size: US Size 1

I prefer to call them April Fool's Day Socks and will be knitting more over the years for my unsuspecting sock lovers!



Comments