Skip to main content

My New Year's Resolution

I'm not much for New Year's Resolutions. I seem to follow my bliss not only in life but my knitting as well. This year, however, I vow to complete my Down the Rabbit Hole Sock Blanket.
This blanket is really catching on in the knitting world, probably for the same reason I started it - the blanket uses up all your leftover bits and bobs of sock yarn. Many podcasters are lovingly calling the very same blanket their "cozy memories blanket." However, as I look at their completed blankets, they seem quite small and some are even changing their minds about three months into the project and making pillows.

My saga began almost three years ago and can't be over soon enough to suit me. The family has been watching this blanket steadily grow and have offered much encouragement over the years. During this holiday I told the daughters 2016 was the year it would be completed AND I was going to use the blanket to cross the finishline for the 10K Stash Dash!

The girls were certain there was cheating afoot. How could I win the 10K with something I'd been working on for three years? I tried to explain but LaLa's Race Rules are complex and it's only because I've watched the podcast since it's infancy I know and understand the them.

I vowed to knit one mitered square a day, i-chord around the edge as I go and work in the ends every Sunday, just hoping this will be enough so, in May when the bell sounds the beginning  of The Dash,  I'll be able to knit 5 squares, work in a few threads, i-chord round a few edges, and head straight for the finishline!

Comments