Skip to main content

First pair of socks 2016

I’m a little disappointed in this yarn. I KNOW, I KNOW…. the industry standard states a knot of two in the skein is acceptable but these socks needed to be tall. About two thirds of the way through the first sock there was a knot then in the next color stripe a major flaw - solid turquoise instead of flecks. I cut the yarn and finished a perfect sock.

But then at the same spot on the second sock I realized there wasn’t enough yarn. Thankfully I had saved the reject yarn and The Chick was there to give input saying she wanted the length over the perfection. So, two slightly mismatched socks were the result. bought several of this type of yarn in different colors, I hope I don’t run into this problem again!
Pattern: Vanilla Bean Striped Socks
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Heritage Prints
Colorway: 12 Spring Bouquet
Amount: 1 skein
Needle Size: Us Size 1

Comments