Skip to main content

December's Christmas knitting

Because this blog is read by some of my Christmas gift recipients I was unable to show many of my December projects. I loved making these hats and cowls to go with the tee shirts:
Cowl Pattern: Incognito by Mercedes Tarasovich
Hat Pattern: Rib-A-Roni by Jane Tanner
Yarn: Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn! Solids, Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn Stripes
Colorway: Dark Olive, Green Camo, Black, Gray Mist
Needle size: US Size 7
I also knit the girls scarves and mittens:
 
Scarf Pattern: Multidirectional Diagonal Scarf by Karen Baumer
Mitten Pattern: Warmest Mittens by Kris Percival
Yarn: Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn Stripes and Solids
Colorway: Autumn Stripe, Dark Olive, Elements Flower, Gray Mist
Needles: US Size 5
Kate's cowl was slightly altered from the original pattern. I cast on 300 stitches with bigger needles and then doubled the pattern rows in the middle of the cowl until there was just enough yarn to finish a regular pattern sequence and cast off.
Pattern: Father Time Cowl by Steven Fegert
Yarn: Knit Picks Stroll Hand-Painted
Colorway: Make Believe
Needle Size: US Size 6

I had fun the month of December knitting quick items for the family. Many were used this vacation because we had plenty of snow to keep us all happy and in the holiday spirit!

Comments