Skip to main content

Bunco Ornaments

I decided to include a little Christmas ornament in my cards to the Bunco Gals this year. Lord knows I have plenty of bits and pieces of yarn in every color!
 
Pattern:Mini Sweater Ornament with Cables by Emily 5446
Yarn: Cascade Heritage Sock, Fishknits Strong Heart, Lorna's Laces shepherd Sock Solid
Colorway: Red, Green, Fuji, White
Needles: US Size 1

Revised Pattern:
Cast on 30 stitches, and set up for a top down raglan sweater (2 stitches, marker, 10 stitches, marker, 3 stitches, (then if this is knitting in the round), on the other needle 2 stitches, marker, 10 stitches, marker, 3 stitches.
Rib (knit 1, purl 1) for 2 rows
Increase one stitch before and after each marker every other row until there are 20 stitches in the front and back sections.
Place the sleees on holders and knit in the rownd until the body is one inch long.
Rib (knit 1, purl 1) for 2 rows, bind off.
Pick up stitches of 1 sleeve and decrease 1 stitch every other row until there are 12 stitches. Knit until the sleeve is 1 inch long.
Rib (knit 1, purl 1) for 2 rows, bind off.
Do the same for the second sleeve. Work in ends.

I bought hangers online, which nearly killed me. First I went to several local stores with no results so I had to turn to the internet….The hangers were cheap, $4.00 for 9 hangers but the postage was $7.00. I tried to convenience myself in the end I saved money by not using the car.

I fell in love with these sweaters so much so that I am saving the rest of the yarn to make that Bunco Gals Christmas hats next year to match! 

Nine total! One for me - ‘cause I love them.

Comments