Skip to main content

Fall in North Dakota

Last weekend I made the eight hour trip to see the NorDakFamily. They are all doing great and we had a very nice time. The kiddos didn't have school on Friday because it was the annual teacher's conference. The Tiger played some video games while SadieLouWho made pumpkin cookies.
SadieLouWho and I were visiting about how, although I have a great new sewing machine, I just haven't used it as much as I had thought I would. Sadie said she'd like to start sewing and so off we went to do a little shopping. The Tiger picked out some great Star Wars flannel while Sadie found some bright chevron flannel. After a stop for lunch Sadie started her sewing lesson.
With great results!
The next day their Mom joined us for an hour's ride to Papa's Pumpkin Garden for a fun afternoon.
 Kiddos played in the cornbox.
Sunday there was more baking, and we were off to watch Sadie ride horses, and the Tiger carefully shot his BB-gun while I cuddled barn cats!
We had a fun time carving pumpkins with good friends that evening.
Then before I knew it, it was time for them to head to school and me to get back on the road for home. What a fun time, seeing all my favorite North Dakotians!

Comments