Skip to main content

The Chick's hand dyed Easter socks are done!

I've been waiting for three weeks to knit the ribbed cuff and cast off the second sock on Kate's Easter socks. (NO cheating for me in my pursuit of the 5k finish line!)

"My Cup Of Tea" is a free sock pattern. Although it is a top down pattern I knit it from the toe up so the design is upside down yet still pleasing. The other modification I made was to only knit the front of the sock in pattern and not up the back heel as the designer intended - just laziness on my part. All in all, it is a beautiful pattern and not difficult to knit.  I will definitely knit more socks using this pattern.
The Chick decided to dye her sock blank in a diagonal pattern.
 
In my opinion, this yarn ended up the prettiest of our Easter Yarn. By the time the Chick began dyeing we had thought through the knitting process and so tried to divide the yarn in half and duplicate the two sides. The Chick and I decided next time we will use more koolaid in the dye hoping to make a stronger color.
 
Pattern: My Cup Of Tea, and Fish Lips Kiss Heels
Yarn: Knit Picks Bare Stroll Single Strand Sock Blank, dyed using Koolaid.
Colorway: The Chicks's Easter Dyeing Adventure
Needle Size: US Size 1

Comments