Skip to main content

Socks Blank Results #1

After the kiddos finished their Easter egg dyeing we started in on the sock yarn dyeing! I was surprised how much everyone enjoyed it.They understand the socks will be fraternal and they don’t mind a bit.
Sarah painted five sunflowers with blue sky in the background on her sock blank. Socks are done! The Flying North Pattern was perfect for this busy yarn! As these socks were progressing I sent photos to the
artist/dyer and she loves them.
 We couldn't wait to wind the yarn up into cakes.
I knit one sock from the outside of the cake toward the inside and then I started the second sock from the inside out. I did this because of the different shades in the yarn, ending in a fairly close match!
Pattern: Flying North by Maria Montzka, Fish Lips Kiss Heel
Yarn: Knit Picks Bare Stroll Strand Sock Blank
Colorway: Sunflowers
Needle Size: US Size 1

Comments