Skip to main content

MORE socks

On Saturdays, when the gurls were young I'd often make waffles for breakfast and just for short time called them "Awful Waffles." Until middle daughter, who HAD loved them for breakfast, no longer would eat a single bite! Oh my, it was because I'd been calling them awful for several weeks, and years later she still claims not to like waffles....

I've improved my sock knitting technique in the last few years. When I began this sock knitting adventure they all went into my sock drawer but as I got better at knitting socks, they became gifts for friends and family. Now, as I look at the socks in my drawer, I long for the much improved versions!

Kendy, from the WyomingCowboyFamily, has told me on several occasions that although she has been receiving her Birthday and Christmas socks she'd never turn down sock drawer hand-me-downs.  I'm pretty sure that she should be looking in the mail for a package soon!
And then I'm adding these socks to my sock drawer...
Pattern: Blueberry Waffle Socks by Sandy Turner and Fish Lips Kiss Heel
Yarn: Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine
Colorway: 1294
Needle Size: US Size 1

An easy pattern to remember and an overall fun knit.
This pattern has been tossed about lately on various podcasts.  I thought the yarn The Chick bought for me for my birthday would be perfect to use when knitting them up - and it was.

Comments