Skip to main content

Family Matters

For the last few months I have been spending time with family and frankly to busy to be blogging.  I'm not going to dwell on the situation but things are settling down now, and getting back to normal!

However, I'll say I've learned a few things over the last three months. The biggest is just how much family matters. We've always been a close family, which is an easy thing to write in good times and a statement this mom says with pride after our stressful situation. It was a time our family just naturally pulled together and all our strength and resources  were pooled, working toward just one outcome. Hubby, daughters, son in laws and grand kiddos showed their strength. Thanks and much love to everyone!  When times got tough this family really stepped up!

Knitters gotta knit, but in times of stress this knitter REALLY got her needles in gear. Nonstop to the point I knit a blister on my thumb! (not to mention sore wrists and joints) So here is the fashion lineup from January 1st to date:
Project: Vanilla Latte Socks by Virginia Rose-Jeanes with Fish Lips Kiss Heel
Yarn: Patons North America Kroy Socks 4ply
Colorway: Singin' the blues stripes
Needle Size: US Needle Size 1

Project: Vanilla Socks with Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist
Yarn: Patons North America Kroy Socks 4 ply
Colorway: Mexicala Stripes
Needle Size: US Needle Size 1

Project: Vanilla Socks with Fish Lips Kiss Heel
Yarn: Patons North America Kroy Socks FX
Colorway: Clover Colours
Needle Size: US Needle Size 1

Project: Socks on a Plane with Fish Lips Kiss Heel
Yarn: Patons North America Kroy Socks 4 Ply
Colorway: Flax
Needle Size: US Needle Size 1

Project: Modified Socks on a Plane with Fish Lips Kiss Heel
Yarn: Zwerger Garn Opal Sweet & Spicy 2
Colorway: Cake Pops
Needle Size: US Needle Size 1
Again I modified this pattern by using slip stitches where the cables should be. Probably won’t use this variation again but fine for a one off.
I bought the yarn is Fargo North Dakota during an emergency visit to the not so LYS. While knitting a pair of socks my needle had broken leaving me needle-less for three days! THERE ARE NO SOCK NEEDLES FOR SALE IN JAMESTOWN! While at the yarn store I bought the yarn and also TWO pair of sock rockets so that I will never be left in this stressful dilemma again

Project: Modified Socks on a Plane with Fish Lips Kiss Heel
Yarn: Patons North America Stretch Socks
Colorway:
Needle Size: US Needle Size 1

Project: Basic Ribbed Socks with Fish Lips Kiss Heel
Yarn: Patons North America Kroy Socks 4 Ply
Colorway:Eclipse
Needle Size: US Needle Size 1

Project: Basic Ribbed Socks with Fish Lips Kiss Heel
Yarn: Patons North America Kroy Socks 4 Ply
Colorway:Eclipse
Needle Size: US Needle Size 1
Not an error!! One pair for Son in Laws January Birthday and another for a gift later!

Project: Groovy Socks
Yarn: Patons North America Kroy Socks 4 Ply
Colorway: Sporty Socks
Needle Size: US Needle Size 1
Love this pattern! What a great alternative to vanilla stripes!

Project: Mock Cable Socks by Wendy D. Johnson with Fish Lips Kiss Heels
Yarn: Patons North America Kroy Socks 4 Ply
Colorway:Gentry Grey
Needle Size: US Needle Size 1
An easy pattern to do and remember. This is definitely a pattern I will use again with a solid sock yarn. I used the 68 stitches required in the pattern but would perhaps use less next time because the cables give the sock a lot of stretch.
Project: Star Shower by Hilary Smith Callis
Yarn: Havirland
Colorway:Starry Eyes (version 2)
Needle Size: US Needle Size 1

NorDak Purl Gurl gave me this beautiful yarn for Christmas. I knew this yarn was dyed for the pattern! I LOVE THIS SO MUCH AND WOULD LIKE TO KNIT MANY MORE!!

I quickly knit this up making a few changes as I went:
Larger needles starting with 7 and changing to size 8 needles when I began the rounds.
At section 4 I increased again at round 12
and knit an extra section of rounds 1-4
Sections 5 and 6 had extra rounds of 1-4
I bound off in the stretchy bind off and would encourage anyone knitting this pattern to do so as well!

Comments