Skip to main content

Knitting EMERGENCY!

Like any dedicated knitter I was careful to pack plenty of yarn for our time in North Dakota. In truth, most knitters pack more than enough.  we don't ever, ever want to be without a project. Disaster struck on Friday I was sitting next to the Christmas tree happily knitting on a sock when the unexpected happened - I broke my Size 1 Addie circular needle. The wire just broke off an the end of the metal needle!

I quickly went into solution mode. "Where," I asked frantically, "Can I find knitting needles?"

Remember I'm in Jamestown, North Dakota, and the answer to this question is: NO WHERE!!!

In desperation I went to Walmart but I knew in my heart that I wasn't going to find anything but a stiff, plasticy, Boyce size 8 needles. So what to do for the next three days until we went to the thriving metropolis of Fargo?
Crochet a baby blanket! It's not done and I think I'll just keep it in the car should another emergency arise.

Comments