Skip to main content

Styling tunic for my leggings


I love one piece sweaters and this is just a little different from the usual. I enjoyed knitting this sweater after so many pairs of socks. There were a few changes from the printed pattern, I knit the yoke longer, didn't decrease before the waist and increased two extra times from the waist to the hips. The tunic was knit much longer than the suggested length in the pattern.  To quote a blogger, "If you are over 18 and you don’t live in the Playboy Mansion, you must wear your leggings with a top or tee that's long enough to cover your hoo-ha and your booty. No exceptions, ladies."

For this sweater I used an unusual choice of yarn. I didn't want it to be to warm, and knowing I would be wearing something under this short sleeve sweater I used an 60% acrylic/40% wool yarn. After wearing the sweater to work I'm happy with the choice but the sweater did receive a couple of snags throughout the day.

It's not easy to take a selfie in this house!
Pattern: Irish Coffee by Thea Colman
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Pacific
Colorway: Clover
Amount:5 Skeins
Needles: US Size 8

Comments