Skip to main content

Mosaic Knitting

I started these socks in January and just finished them Sunday. I wanted only to do vanilla sock knitting while on vacation and these  ARE NOT vanilla knitting.

I added 8 stitches to the pattern (one pattern repeat) and am glad I did. These will be firm fitting socks but if I hadn’t added the stitches they would have been for a granddaughter!

After finishing the FLKHeel I changed to size 2 needles for the cuff. A very nice fit, negative ease on the foot and nice fitting cuff.
I picked them up again the second week in April and were much easier than I had remembered.
Pattern: Binsenkorbchen Socks
Yarn: Cascade Yarn Heritage Solids Sock, Knit Picks Sock Blank
Colorway: Turquoise, Poolside Bitch
Amount: 2 skeins
Needle Size: US Size 0 and 1

Because the yarns are carried for the entire sock these will be very warm socks next winter.

Comments