Skip to main content

The merging of Old and New Griz

When hubby and I attended the U of M the school colors were mustard and gold = Old Griz. Currently the school colors are Maroon and Silver = a much better choice!

However, Old Griz colors are now quite in vogue! Before the opening Griz game this season, Hubby and I were at the bookstore and I noticed that an employee was wearing an “Old Griz ” shirt. Hubby has been wanting “Old Griz” colors for awhile so I walked up to the fellow and began quizzing him about his attire. He told me that the president of the university has forbidden anyone to sell the “Old Griz” colors….

So I cooked up these socks and love the idea of combining the old with the new!
Pattern: Stashbuster Spirals with Fish Lips Kiss Heel by Sox Therapist
Yarn: Cascade Heritage Sock Yarn
Colorway: Cinnamon, Slate, Burgandy
Needle Size: US Size 1
Everyone is talking about the Fish Lips Kiss Heel and I do love the simplicity, the look, and the fit. BUT I must say what appeals to me the most is the tutorial on the template. All my family lives out of state. I have had a tough time getting a perfect fit on their socks. Not any more! I’ll be getting a template of all knit worthy family members soon!

Comments