Skip to main content

Finishing up a few things

The last few days were very productive. I was able to finish several items and put them away for Christmas giving.
Yes, Spider socks for a Christmas gift. Really, is there a teacher that wouldn't want to wear a pair?
Julia, from the LYS, wanted a pair for a shop sample and since I’ve knit a pair already I was happy to oblige… Murphy’s Law! (Just hope no one looks closely!)

I used size 2 needles because the last pair just fit me and my brother’s feet are bigger. I never thought I’d say this but the fabric just isn’t what I like - to loose- so it’s size 1 needles for me. I’ll just add stitches somewhere in the future!

Pattern: Spider Socks by Terri Knight
Yarn: Cascade Heritage Sock Yarn
Colorway: Cinnamon
Amount: 1 skein
Needle Size: US size 2
I think the family Diva will love this little beaded hat! A fun pattern that isn’t hard at all.
The knitting class is excited to start this hat as they will be learning to bead while knitting on this item.

Pattern:Odessa by Grumperina
Yarn: Babe
Colorway: Lavender
Amount: Less than a skein
Needle Size: US size 4 and 6


I cast on 60 stitches,
Ribbed, k1 p1 for 15 rows
Stockinette for a total of 6 inches
When a new color is beginning, for that row only: slip 1(old color) knit 6 (new color)
Heel flap 2 inches
Foot 7 inches
Then toe every other row to 12 stitches each side
Last row dec one each side (total of 4)
MAN! I thought I had come up with a fun little change to the vanilla pattern, but I just found the Vanilla Bean pattern and it is basically just what I described above! Oh well, back to the drawing board, I’ll have to become famous with some other pattern!

Pattern: Vanilla Bean
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Stiletto
Colorway: Claydon (purples)
Amount: 1 skein
Needle size: US size 1

Comments