Skip to main content

Retirement, it's a blast

All summer people have been asking, "How do you like being retired?" and it's been hard to answer, well until today.

For many years I've not had to go to work in the summers. Now let me make this clear, teachers do work during the summer. Continuing ed credits and creating new curriculum units don't just appear out of thin air. Also, summer means rejuvenation, a time to get back some of the energy and enthusiasm drained right out of them during the school year. Teachers are currently taking a beating but it's hard work with very little thanks.

Yesterday school started, and to everyone who has inquired: I love retirement. No more sleepless nights worrying about student success, no more going in two weeks before school starts to clean and pull my room together (See above paragraph. I don't believe any other profession would take vacation time to get ready for the first day back from vacation!?)

Instead, I visited The Chick. We went on a long hike and I finished a pair of socks. Total relaxation! I can live with this...
Pattern: February Lady Socks by Kate Atherley
Yarn: Cascade Heritage Sock Yarn
Colorway: Yellow
Amount: 1 skein
Needle Size: US Size 1

Comments