Skip to main content

No more flitting around - well, for a while....

Home is looking pretty good! I've been back for almost two weeks and not much is going on. Napping, knitting and cleaning, it feels great!

A couple more projects are under my belt:

Baby Girl Gift
Pattern: Pepita by Martina Behm
Yarn: Babe
Colorway: Lavender
Amount: a smidge more than 3 skeins
Needles: US Size 2 (next time I'll use the needles called for!!)

I also made  the blanket behind. We call it the"Mrs.Stapleton Baby Blanket." When The ChickWho Flew The Coop was born our neighbor made one for her. It is a large square of doubled flannel (if the yardage is 44" wide buy a length 44" long) wash, sew the square minus 5 inches, trim corners, turn and sew 5 inch opening shut. Press seams and tie blanket with yarn.  It's bigger than the usual receiving blanket and can be used for a long time. It was perfect to cover baby on summer nights and great for laying baby on the floor to play.

Wagon train socks
Pattern: Vanilla socks from my own creative juices
Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks Striped
Colorway:  Black
Amount: 2 skeins plus a little black for the tips of the toes
Needle Size: US Size 1

I started these socks for the trail because they are so simple, I have the pattern in my head. However,
I didn’t knit much on the trip - just to much other things to do! I did take them on my second adventure, onto Northern California and then Oregon. I finished them all but the tips of the toes. Because knit them on size 1 needles I ran out of yarn at the tip of each sock and just sat down today to add a bit of black and finish them off!


Comments