Skip to main content

Everything is just peachy

I was happy when Jo's hubby brought me a box of peaches from Washington. This morning I got up with the plan to get them canned. However, only half were ripe enough, the others need another day or so to ripen. Hmm, what to do? Can peaches or peach jam.... the peach jam won out!
I lost my original recipe but found a very similair, if not exact, recipe on the internet:

Peach Jam
Ingredients:
6 cups peaches, mashed
6 cups white sugar
2 cups crushed pineapple
6 oz orange Jello
Peel peaches. To keep them from turning brown while you do all that peeling, place them in a pan of water to which 2 T vinegar per gallon of water has been added. Then when all are peeled, remove peaches from the water and mash.

Combine mashed peaches, sugar, and pineapple (I drained mine) in a heavy pot. Bring to a boil. Cook 20 minutes (or until it begins to thicken and peaches are cooked through) Add the Jello cook the mixture for about 2 more minutes to be sure the Jello has dissolved.

Fill the jar with jam. Wipe rim of the jar with a damp, clean cloth, take a lid from the hot water and place on top of the jar, seal tight with a ring. Turn them upside down for just a few minutes to be sure the seal is warm enough then back upright. If you want to process them in a water bath and process for 10 minutes.

While I was at my knitting class, Hubby brought home some more corn. Just guess what I will be doing tomorrow!

Comments