Skip to main content

After the wagon train, back to reality

It has been hard to leave our dream vacation. TheNorDak Family eased into reality by going to DeSmet, South Dakota and visiting Laura Ingalls' Home. For the three of us in Montana, we relaxed, napped, read and regrouped.
Part of relaxing for me is getting back to my knitting - something that I did very little of on the trail. (How did those pioneer women knit their family all the necessary items AND get their daily chores done?) So I need to do a little updating on completed projects. The year of the socks continues:

"Kool" hand dyed socks
I knit these socks but wanted to do an afterthought heel because it was striping so well. When I finished the heel was a bit shallow and so the perfect person for these socks was my sister-in-law Misako. I took them to Oregon with me and they did indeed fit perfect! It wasn’t until today I realized ---I have no finished project photo :{
Pattern: Anastasia Socks by MintyFresh
Yarn: Knit Picks Bare- Fingering weight, Dyed by the newly formed "Scratch and Sniff Yarn Co."
Colorway: Grape Kool aid with a twist
Amount: 1 skein
Needles: US Size 1

Zuzu's Petals
What a beautiful yarn! It is a joy to put this cowl on. My knitting group Ohhh’d and Ahhhh’d over both the pattern and the yarn!

Pattern: Zuzu's Petals by Carina Spencer
Yarn: Vice Carnal, THANK YOU LIZZY!
Colorway: Blue
Amount: less than 400 yards
Needles: US Size 5

Comments