Skip to main content

First completed knitted project of 2013

These are a pair of sock I knit on the fly. I had taken measurements of The Pirate's foot while I was visiting before Christmas and on the plane back to Montana I began knitting what I thought would fit the boy. I was delighted last week when Sadie Lou tried them on and they fit her. She loves them and I hope The Pirate will too.
Pattern: The Pirate's Socks
(For an 8 inch foot)

TOE:
Cast on 20 stitches using Judy's Magic Cast On, split half on each needle (I use magic loop method)
Round 1: Knit
Round 2: (1st needle) K 1, KF&B, K to last 2 sts, KF&B, K
(2nd needle) K 1, KF&B, K to last 2 sts, KF&B, K
Repeat until there are 30 stitches on each needle (60 total)

FOOT:
Knit on the 60 sts until the piece measures 7 inches

GUSSET:
Round 1: On needle 1: K.
                On needle 2, K1, KF&B, K to last 2 sts, KF&B, K1
Round 2: K all sts
Continue these two rounds until there are 48 sts on needle 2

TURNING THE HEEL:
Work back and forth on needle 2 only.
Row 1: (RS) K27, SSK, K1, turn
Row 2: (WS) Slip 1, P7, P2tog, P1 turn
Row 3: Slip 1, K 8, SSK, K1, turn
Row 4: Slip 1, P 9, P2tog, P1 turn
Continue in this manner until all the sts are worked and there is once again 30 sts on needle 2.

LEG:
Work in the round until the leg is 3.5 inches or 1 inch short of desired length

CUFF:
Work in rib for 1 inch. Bind off in rib pattern.

I used a modified Stashbuster spiral pattern with the yarn. One round the slid flax and one round the Crazy Ball.

Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks 4 Ply and Schoppe;-Wolle Crazy Zauberball
Colorway: Flax and crazy town colors!
Amount: Less that a skein of each
Needles: US Size 1

Comments