Skip to main content

A full set of antlers

I've been wanting to knit this sweater since before Christmas. It is knit from the bottom up and has a lovely set of cables all around the yoke. The pattern is written for a wide range of sizes, 6 months to a 54 inch bust! I think this sweater would be great for toddler boys but older fellas may put their foot down about wearing it.
I started the first of three antler cardigans in a size I think will fit my eldest granddaughter.  I had some stash yarn that worked well. My dear daughter, known in my circle of knitting friends as The Sweater Killer, and I came to terms a long time ago about yarn content, if the sweater was not to shrink, then it had to be knit in acrylic! Because of the acrylic content, I was a little worried about the yoke of this sweater, it seemed to have no shoulders! However, I used Plymouth Encore which contains some wool and everything fell into place once I blocked it.
Pattern: Antler Cardigan
Yarn: Plymouth Encore
Colorway: Ecru
Amount: 5 skeins
Needles: US Size 6 and US Size 8

It is a fast knit, this woman's x-small took ten days. I'm now knitting mine, I started two days ago and almost have two sleeves done!

Comments

Post a Comment