Skip to main content

2013 Goal

I haven't made a New Year's Resolution for years and really don't want to start down that slippery slope now! Most resolutions come and go without being achieved and I really want to accomplish a skill I've longed to do for thirty years. So this year I've decided to set a goal, to become a spinner.

In October of 2011, I took a class on spinning and bought a spinning wheel the same day. Since then I've spun off and on but not consistently or well. I've begun to get a pretty nice single thread of yarn but the plying has always been disaster. Last Saturday I went to a refresher course provided by the Prairie Spinners Guild. I learned several things, beginning spinners should not use merino roving and a few tips on plying.  Now, my plying of yarn is much better and I'm very encouraged.
I've signed up for a workshop on February 2nd. Jane Fournier is a native of New Zealand and author of In Sheep's Clothing, A Handspinner's Guide to Wool. We will be working on various ways of plying!

So, with the New Year I'm hoping to work on my spinning at least 15 minutes a day and soon my brother will be sporting a new hat!
 
Nikko approves of the sleeve for the sweater I'm knitting, Antler Cardigan!

Comments