Skip to main content

Whim knitting

I love this time of year for many reasons...
Christmas with the family,
Staying at home - nesting,
Crisp, cold weather under a big blue sky,
Great meals,
Reading good books.
Being able to knit whatever I desire.

I rummage through Ravelry like I did the Sears and Roebuck Christmas Catalog as a kid. It provides hours of entertainment....
"Maybe I'll knit this."
"No, I want to knit this next."
"This would be just perfect!"
Then it's off to the stash bin to see just what I can plunder!

The projects that I do after Christmas usually are small and quick. And this year is no exception. I've been looking at Jared Flood's Turn a Square Hat for sometime and now just seemed like the right moment to knit it up. The striped yarn is a little bright but what I had in the stash. The hats were fast to knit up, took very little yarn and will be warm for the recipients!

Pattern: Turn A Square
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers, Patons Wool Classic
Colorway: Vinci,  Palais
Needles: US 5 and 7

Comments