Skip to main content

Semi-precious shawl

I've fallen in love with shawls! Pants, tee shirt, and throw on a shawl!

Last month I found the Semi-precious shawl on Knitty.com. It was love at first sight and I knew this shawl was for me. I even followed the recommendation and ordered Silky Merino Malabrigo Yarn. From the photo of the yarn, I thought it was a gray marl. However, when I received the package in was green. My fear was the shawl would look like a Montana hunting shawl -something knit in camo!

We have a saying at the yarn shop:" KNIT TEXTURE OR PATTERN BUT NOT BOTH"  I began planning the purchase of several boxes of black RIT dye to try to get a solid color. But decided to block the shawl first......
Success! I received several compliments on this shawl today!

Pattern: Semi-Precious Shawl, knitty.com
Yarn:Maabrigo Yarn Silky Merino
Colorway: bosques ( greens)
Needles: US size 8

Comments

  1. It looks beautiful! And I don't think you can go wrong with Malabrigo Silky Merino.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabuloso! Hope to have you model it for me when I'm in Billings soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment