Skip to main content

Knitting update

Last week I attended  a two day workshop for school. I knew I wouldn't be able to just sit for that amount of time so as I went out the door I scooped up a partial ball of yarn and my emergency knitting bag and set off. Here is the result:

They took just the right amount of time, less than 12 hours and as I went out the door they went off the needles!

Pattern: Fetching
Yarn Plymouth Classic Wool
Colorway: natural marl
Needles: Size US 5

I've also been working on a sweater I'd hoped would be for The Tiger (giving him a set of stripes, don't you know!) But I'm really not sure that it should go anywhere but in the charity pile - we'll see if the NorDak mom wants it sent her way.

It's all done but the buttons - I went to the store with a list of things to get, including the buttons, and then forgot all about them! They'll have to wait until my next visit into town.

Pattern:The Complete Book of Reglan Sweaters
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers
Colorway: various
Needles US size 7 and 5

OH, AND BIG NEWS!!!  I learned to knit backwards on this sweater. I thought it would be so hard but it proved to be SIMPLE - I wish I'd taken the 5 minutes to learn this skill ages ago!

Comments

  1. I love it--send it our way--please!!

    Fun that you learned to knit backwards. I have always thought that would be useful. Now that I know it is simple, I will have to use my brain and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment