Skip to main content

Semi precious Shawl

Ok, I'm so sufficiently PISSED  upset that I wrote the designer of the shawl Semi Precious and said:

Joyce,
I saw the semi precious shawl and knew I needed to give it a go…so beautiful!
However, I’m writing you a bit whinny- usually when someone in our family points a finger outwards a solution quickly appears and that solution is because of something THEY did! (here’s hoping!) - so here it goes:
I wanted to knit a larger shawl and so I have knit chart B twice and have started chart B a third time (I think that’s what you implied in the pattern) and am doing the middle section three times each row. All was fine until I got to row 7, Chart B, I ripped it out and tried to reknit it several times last night and this morning. I keep getting an extra stitch at the center. I’ve checked the stitch count on either side (69 stitches with the one center stitch) and also the pattern row below (row 5) and all seems well. BUT I have that extra stitch - have you run into this problem???
I’m off to work and then will attack this again after school - probably it’s just some distance I need but thought if you had encountered this it would save me some time and frustration!
Thanks
Emptyknitster

God love ravelry, Joyce quickly replied:

Hi Judy,
Thank you!
You’re right. You do need to work additional repeats of chart B in order to increase the size of the shawl.
I’ve checked the chart and can’t find anything that would cause your problem. You have the right number of stitches, so I’m completely at a loss as to why you have an extra stitch.
I’m sorry I couldn’t be of more help. Hopefully all it takes is a little distance. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Best wishes,
Joyce

SO, I stopped at the store on the way home, bought a 12 pack of Shock Top beer, and have downed one. Now I'll tackle what can only be called: MY Problem!

Five minutes later, success! Wish you were here to drink a celebratory beer with me.....

Comments