Skip to main content

Stash Dash 2011 complete

August 15th marks the end of the Stash Dash for the Knit Girllls. I finished the Dash knitting 8120 yards in the 3 month contest, about 2,000 yards over the goal! Knitting right to the end, I completed the last two projects yesterday and today, The Pirate's Christmas Sweater and a shawlette:

Pattern: #111 Children's Henley Top Down
Yarn: Cascade Pacific Yarn
Colorway: Deep Red (just can't seem to get the color right in the photo!
Amount: 5 skeins
Needles: US 5 and 7

 Pattern: Began with Milk Run Shawl Pattern, Lace edge with Multnomah
Yarn: Tag ends of 75% wool and 25% wool sock yarn, and Red Heart Heart & Sole
Colorway: Ivory base
Amount: 2 skeins ivory and @ 200 yards of tag ends
Needles: US size 5

The timing for this challenge was perfect for me, summer. I always try to do most of my Christmas knitting in the summer so there will be less pressure in November. I knit four Christmas sweaters,  four pairs of mitts for Christmas, one pair of mitts and one shawlette for me, one shawl for the NorDakPurl Gurl, two charity baby sweaters, one pair of socks for The Oregonian,  and one Aunt Tilly baby blanket to go to England! Wow! a very busy summer!

Comments

  1. Love the shawl--I think I might be well on my way to an obsession over them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment