Skip to main content

Reading mitts.

Two teachers in the knitting class I taught in March are inspired. At an early morning faculty meeting one of the new knitters showed me a magazine photo of beautifully cables fingerless gloves. She wanted to know if she could possibly aspire to knitting the gloves.

Hmmm... I remembered recently seeing a very nice pair of reading gloves at my blog friend Andrea's. No cables but something that a couple of new knitters would be able to conquer. 

At Easter the California Dreamin' Gurl said she'd like a pair, but she wanted them knit a little longer.  I quickly started the pair on mitts, "Just to see if they were a go for the new knitters."  I finally finished the mitts today and think that the pattern is a hit, easy to follow and easy to modify.
Pattern: Susie's Reading Mitts
Yarn: Less than a skein of Plymouth Yarn Galway, Colornep
Colorway: Gray
Needles: US size 5
Also, during the Easter visit Chloe told me her favorite book is The Secret Garden. It melted my heart, it was my mother's favorite book as a child, then my favorite, and I think her mother's also, four generations of gals that love to read!

Comments

  1. I really loved knitting this pattern. Very easy but still come out looking fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment