Skip to main content

Cheers!

Wild Purl's is a great yarn shop to buy yarn, needles, and patterns. BUT most importantly, Wild Purl's is a place where everybody knows your name!

Making your way in the world today
Takes everything you've got;
Taking a break from all your worries
Sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?

All those night when you've got no lights,
The check is in the mail;
And your little angel
Hung the cat up by it's tail;
And your third fiance didn't show;

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;
You want to be where you can see,
Our troubles are all the same;
You want to be where everybody knows your name.

Roll out of bed, Mr. Coffee's dead;
The morning's looking bright;
And your shrink ran off to Europe,
And didn't even write;
And your husband wants to be a girl;

Be glad there's one place in the world
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;
You want to go where people know,
People are all the same;
You want to go where everybody knows your name.

I love my Friday night knitting group at Wild Purls. All the gals have become great friends. We catch up on what has happened in our lives over the week, how the kids or grandkids are doing as well as general discussions about when or what to plant in our garden, floods, tornados, fires, and politics. This week's topic, "The Royal Wedding". We dissect knitting topics: who consistently writes a great pattern, what yarn would work well for what pattern, which is faster English or Continental Knitting. There has been more than one discussion on: should patterned sock yarn match on both socks from the top down and how many projects we have on the needles at one time.

It wasn't very long ago that I would knit only one project at a time. Cast on, knit, cast off, sew together, block, and then finally cast on a new project. I like this method, you never forget where you are. In true Elizabeth Zimmerman fashion you forge through any problem, never tossing it aside for a hopeful later finish date. We all know that usually those items in the bottom of the knitting bag are eventually headed for a future frogging session.

I like the sense of order and accomplishment.

Lately, I don't know what has happened. I haven't been able to get into the Icelandic Sweaters for the NorDak Kiddos and two  charity baby blankets are still only half done. (I've been to busy to knit on my lunch hour at school.) There is a half done pair of socks staring at me from my emergency knitting bag. (I must always have something ready to pick up at the Dr or Dentist.) The California Dreamin' Gurl's half finished reading mitts are in the regular knitting bag. (The newly knitting teachers wanted a fingerless glove pattern, and I had to test knit it first.) I just found out that a teacher is having a baby GIRL and I've been wanting to try a new pattern from Ravelry, Summer Chills Cardigan. (In fairness to myself on this project, the shower is on May 10th and so time is limited.)
Oh my, perhaps next time the discussion comes around to the number of projects on our needles, I should admit to my friends - an old dog can learn new tricks.
Cheers!

Comments

  1. I, too, love the Friday knitting group and gals at Wild Pearls. It is a highlight of the week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment