Skip to main content

"The Babies" are grown up, and it's graduation time.

We had a wonderful family move into our neighborhood years ago. Denise and I taught together and became fast friends.  Soon after she and her husband moved in, Keira was born and barely a year later Payton arrived. We love babies at our house, next door they had two and were a little overwhelmed. My gurls began beating a path next door and would grab either babe that was awake and bring her over for a visit. I am sure that my gurls are such good mommas today in part because they had "The Babies" next door to care for and love upon.
I went to Keira's graduation party Friday night. It was also a farewell of sorts to Payton. She will be heading to Chile in two short months as an AFS student. There were unexpected tears as I saw these gals and realized how quickly time had slipped by. We hugged, reminisced, and took photos....
How great for our family, to have such wonderful neighbors that shared their treasures with us!

Dirk, the girls dad, surprised me when he said, "I knew you'd be a great neighbor when you came over with a baby gift only a month and a half after we moved in and it was a beautiful hat and sweater set that you'd hand knit." Doing something I love made lasting friends!

Comments

  1. My goodness!! I remember the girls exactly like the first pictures. I cannot believe how grown up they are. Your are right about time slipping away--sure makes me feel much older!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they are gorgeous - very sweet to see. Who is who - Keira on the left, Payton on the right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment